The Heartland News
The Heartland News is the official publication of the Heart of America Game Breeders' Association. Published monthly, with the exception of January and February. The Heartland News is the perfect reference tool for both the beginner and experienced aviculturist. Each issue contains:
A sampling of articles that have appeared over the years is on the left. If you would like a hard copy sample of the newsletter and a membership application, e-mail Terry Smith, or you can call 913-879-2587 for more information.
- Feature article about various kinds of game birds, waterfowl and animals.
- A "question and answer" column which features a club member sharing his or her experiences propagating a specific species.
- A listing of swaps, auctions, shows and other related events.
- Free "Buy, Sell, Trade" ads for club members.
- A "Helpful Hints" column dealing with diseases, incubation, aviary plantings and other topics of interest to game breeders.
- Book reviews.
- Pending legislation affecting game breeders is also reported.
- Descriptive Terms Found in Articles Dealing with Birds - Heartland News, March 1998
- Canvasback Ducks - Heartland News, June 1999
- Crested Tinamou - Heartland News, September 2001
- Diamond Doves - Heartland News, September 1998
- Gambel Quail - Heartland News, May 1993
- Lady Amherst Pheasant Standards - Heartland News, May 1994
- Lady Gouldian Finches - Heartland News, November 1998
- Ornamental Varieties of Guineafowl - Heartland News, August 1994
- Questions & Answers: Erckel's Francolin - Heartland News, April 1998
- Questions & Answers: Impeyan Pheasants - Heartland News, January 1998
- Questions & Answers: Hawaiian Geese (Nene) - Heartland News, August 1997
- Questions & Answers: Rasing Parrotlets - Heartland News, May 2000
- Questions & Answers: Rasing Swans - Heartland News, April 1997
- Reeves' Pheasant - Heartland News, July 1994
- Senegal Doves - Heartland News, August 1995
- Whistling Ducks - Heartland News, October 2000